With April showers, brings May flowers. The sun is up and out as temperatures continue to gradually rise. We are in the midst of Spring and are hurdling rapidly toward Summer. It is time to prepare your house for the warmer weather, be it restoring functionality or renewing aesthetics. Let’s get motivated! But where should we start?
In order to properly assess the impact of the colder weather on your home and prepare it for the warmer summertime, here is a list to help you get going and ease that seasonal transition. It is by no means a comprehensive list, but should provide a great starting point.
- Examine your roof for water damage and any loose and/or broken shingles or tiles
- Inspect your gutters and downspouts for any damage and clear of any debris
- Replace or repair any damaged doors, fascia, window frames, shutters, etc.
- Clean and repair driveway and walkways
- Trim and/or remove trees and bushes as necessary
- Clean outdoor furniture and inspect to ensure it is functional
- Inspect HVAC system and replace air filters
- Touch up peeling and/or faded exterior paint
- Repair loose nails and/or split or cracked wood on porches, decks and sheds
- Remove accumulated debris from fireplace
It’s time to get busy! Have fun!