Gateway FS Construction Services knows that the cooler weather means that we are turning the corner to winter. Our customers are beginning to think of what needs to be done to prepare their homes and other buildings for winter. Taking the time now to get ready for winter’s chill could make a big difference for you, your house and any other buildings come spring.
- Take a look below and the quick checklist to help you get ready for the frosty bite of winter.
- Get in your gutters – inspect and clean all gutters, including downspouts
- Button up your windows and doors – seal gaps and cracks with caulk and weather-stripping
- Get up on the roof – repair damaged shingles, corroded flashing, etc.
- Walk your walks – inspect and repair any damage to sidewalks and driveways
- Get ready to chill – drain irrigation systems and outdoor faucets
- Freshen up the furnace – inspect furnaces and clean and/or replace all dirty filters
- Check your hearth – inspect fireplaces for build-up and hire a chimney sweep if necessary
- Inspect the humidifier – clean pads or plates
- Avoid gas – have any gas heaters or other appliances inspected by a pro, it will be worth the money in safety
- Keep everyone safe – test smoke detectors and carbon dioxide monitors, inspect fire extinguishers, etc. Your family will thank you!
Whatever we can do to help you prepare for winter, you can count on Gateway FS Construction Services to help. Give us a call at 866-551-3454 and let our specialists assist you in getting your home ready for fall. We look forward to serving you.