Did you know that March is National Ag Month and March 21st is National Ag Day?
It can be easy to take our abundance of high quality, nutritious food for granted however, there is a group of hard-working and dedicated Americans who provide food for not only us but the entire world. The American Farmer!
So, this month and particularly today, we say “Thank You” to these incredible individuals for bounty they provide. #ThankAFarmer #AgWeek #FFA
Here are some fun Ag Facts. Did you know…
- Soybeans- The average American consumes nearly half a cup of soybeans in some form each day.
- Specialty Crops- In a lifetime, the average American will consume enough veggies to fill 16 pickup trucks.
- Specialty Crops-In a lifetime the average American will consume 2 football fields of wheat.
- Specialty Crops- Illinois is the largest producer of horseradish
- Pumpkins- Pumpkins range in size from less than one pound to more than 1,000 lbs.
- Poultry- A hen with a white earlobe will produce white-shelled eggs.
- Pork- Illinois currently ranks 4th in the US for the number of pigs raised.
- Dairy- Dairy cows have four stomachs
- Dairy- All female dairy cows must have a calf in order to produce milk.
- Dairy- On average, each cow produces enough milk to fill 125 glasses, that’s about 8 gallons per day.
- Corn- One ear of corn averages 800 kernels in 16 rows
- Beef- The average American eats 61 pounds of beef each year
- Careers- Agriculture is the largest industry, employing 23 million people in 250 career areas
Again, we say “Thank You Farmers” from your friends at Gateway FS Construction Services! We are grateful for all you do.