With it being the end of May, all of us at FS Construction Services know that grain harvest is quickly approaching and it will seem like no time at all before summer is over and corn harvest season is upon us. This means that now is the perfect time to schedule a pre-season maintenance check on your GSI, Sukup, Grain Handler, Brock and Shivvers grain dryer systems.
Why pre-season maintenance?
A pre-season maintenance inspection is often able to catch basic wear and tear on your grain dryer and grain dryer equipment that otherwise might not rear its ugly head until right in the middle of harvest. By making sure all your equipment is in proper working order now, you can prevent time and money-draining problems down the road and increase the quality and longevity of your dryer.
What pre-season maintenance entails
When you schedule an inspection, a trained technician will come out to your dryer and check the following six key areas:
- Fan housing and blades for dirt buildup
- Belts for wear
- Electrical controls and switches
- Gas pressure regulators and LP gas vaporizers
Your expert trained FS Construction Services technician will also help you determine a plan to cover regular maintenance and care so you can prevent future problems, breakdowns, and maximize efficiency.
Maintenance you can easily perform on your own
There are, of course, many small maintenance tasks that can be done around your equipment to keep it clean and running well.
- Inspect roof panels, vents, and connections for dirt and debris
- Make sure manholes, caps, and other opening attachments are sealing properly to prevent moisture buildup
- Make sure your foundation has remained level and all anchor bolts are tight
- Check electrical connections and wiring, make sure everything is secure
- Remove old grain, rust, and perform other general cleaning
Putting the time and money into an inspection now can pay out dividends in the future. And you will be ready to start harvesting without missing a beat.
If you would like to schedule an inspection, or if you would like to browse our selection of stir dryers, counter mix-flow dryers, or counter-flow dryers, let Gateway FS Construction Services know. Give us a call at 866-551-3454, and let our specialists help you find exactly what you are looking for. We look forward to providing you the best customer service experience.