Our team of full-service interior & exterior paint service pros know there is nothing structural about paint. Paint cannot physically change the size or shape of a home or building. And yet, the right paint color in the right room, can really appear to do just that. FS Construction Services’ paint expert, Brian “Boomer” Garleb, has put together some simple, yet effective paint tips to follow if you would like to transform your home, farm, or business.
- For sunrooms and/or waiting rooms. Whether you’re looking to create a tranquil space at your home or office, using blues or greens in your sunroom or waiting area is a great way to bring outdoor colors into your interior space. This help to foster a relaxing, comfortable room to spend time in. If you’re looking to provide a more vibrant, energetic space, yellows and oranges can give rooms liveliness and excitement.
- For uniquely-shaped rooms. Most rooms are square or rectangle, making for straight lines and a sense of balance. However, when this isn’t the case, darker shades on the ceiling and floor will create a squared appearance.
- For hallways and smaller spaces. Lighter shades will make small spaces appear larger and more open.
- For longer hallways. Conversely, darker shades with a contrasting end wall will visually shorten long hallways.
- For shelves, built-ins, and storage areas. Colors that contrast with the surrounding walls will add dimension and bring focus to the painted area.
- For exterior buildings, barns & roofs. Power washing the space first to remove dirt, rust, oils and loose paint before applying primer and finish coats will extend paint life.
There are, of course, many more ways to use paint to your advantage. With thousands of colors available from our partners at Valspar, and accurate color-matching tools, FS Construction Services has everything you need to transform your space. We’ve even provided a link to some paint FAQ’s.
If you’re just looking to freshen up a single room or get that new coat of paint on multiple rooms before fall and coming holidays, let the experts at Gateway FS Construction Services know. Check out our paint services brochure or give us a call at 866-551-3454, and let our specialists help you find exactly what you are looking for. We look forward to providing you the best customer service experience.