Here at FS Construction Services, we are pretty big fans of getting a head start on purchasing, maintenance, and just about everything else for that matter. In the world of agriculture there are so many moving parts, and those parts are exposed to all sorts of weather extremes each year, the importance of regular maintenance is essential. However, getting started on grain system maintenance with a timeline that actually allows you to make adjustments or repairs before you actually need to use a piece of equipment will save you a lot of stress, headaches, and money.
Save Money and Stress: Early Grain System Maintenance
Additionally, if you are in need of a grain system repair, the sooner you request it, the less trouble you’re likely to have with shipping times or parts shortages.
So we know harvest is barely behind us, but we wanted to give you some tips to get a huge head start on the season this coming year.
- Check control boards, safety sensors, electrical boxes, and gas controls
- Inspect handling equipment, conveyors, buckets, and so on
- Sweep and clean interiors
- Treat exterior surfaces for mold, mildew, and pests
- Inspect vents to make sure airflow isn’t blocked
- Check for leaks, rust, or any other sign of damage, rot, or deterioration
- Check door seals
- Make sure supply lines and burners are clear of debris
- Always be sure to turn off, disconnect, or block off mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic equipment
- Wear protective equipment and fall protection when working in or around your grain bin
You might be able to perform many of these maintenance items yourself, but if you give yourself a head start you will have plenty of time to schedule a maintenance professional. If you are in need of any grain system repair or equipment, please let Gateway FS Construction Services know. Give us a call at 866-551-3454, and let our specialists help you find exactly what you are looking for. We look forward to providing you the best customer service experience.